In line with its growth strategy, Finnair has today announced that it will be adding capacity between and Ireland and Finland across the 2017 winter and summer seasons.
Due to high demand, Finnair will add an additional weekly frequency between Dublin and Helsinki for the winter 2017 season.
Additionally, as of March 27, Finnair will fly up to nine weekly flights a week to Dublin, an increase of three flights per week compared to the current 2016 winter schedule. The route will be operated by a mix of Airbus A319 and Embraer E190 aircraft during the 2017 summer season with a schedule that allows passengers to easily connect onto Finnair’s extensive destinations to Asia and the Far East.
The increased Dublin services are part of a larger announcement of increases in capacity across the Finnair European short-haul network for the coming year, with the airline adding capacity across the following routes from its Helsinki hub:
- A fifth weekly frequency to Reykjavik on Wednesdays between May 31 and August 11, and three weekly frequencies during the winter season
- An additional daily frequency on weekdays to Copenhagen
- A third daily frequency to Vilnius on weekdays will be added year-round as of May 15 to open additional European and long haul connections from Lithuania’s capital
- A daily frequency will be added to Warsaw for the peak summer season between June 5 and August 4
- The Saturday flight to Alanya-Gazipasa, Turkey, will be extended until the middle of December 2017
“We are very pleased to increase capacity on our Dublin route, as well as other short-haul destinations. These exciting changes and developments for our airline reflect the increased demand, both from European customers and inbound travellers from Asia on these popular routes,” said Andrew Fish, General Manager, UK, Ireland and Benelux.
The new flights are available for sale on www.finnair.com as of today.
For more information please contact The PC Agency
Paul Charles / Philip Allport / Gordon Smith / Katie Moine /
Charlotte Launder / Freddie Mills
+44 (0)20 7768 0001